Tuesday 17 May 2011

New funding scheme to support innovative small companies - Starts April 2011

Hi,

I have just created a mailing list with people I know that are interested in developing new products. If you want to be included, just email me at john@thebigconsultant.com

I created the list I created today. I thought it would be easier and quicker to send any useful info that I come across and share it.

As you may or may no know, I am no big fan of Government backed funding schemes. They often end up being intensive on the old paperwork, and you often get sidelined to advisers who in my opinion have very little experience of product development.

However, I did think that this link was of interest. The blurb says

"Managed by the Technology Strategy Board, the Grant for Research and Development scheme, which comes into effect from 4 April 2011, will support small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) across the UK that want to carry out research and development generating new and innovative products and services. The new scheme supersedes the Grant for R&D scheme previously managed by England’s regional development agencies and will have similar objectives."

And the direct link is here

http://www.innovateuk.org/content/news/new-funding-scheme-will-support-innovative-small-c.ashx

I have not researched this link fully yet, and there is as we know a hold on Business Link for funding new ideas. However, I do know that government grants will be available, even with the cuts. But these will likely be subject to strict financials being provided.

Please direct any enquires via my email john@thebigconsultant.com

Kind regards,
John Biddleston


--
The BIG Consultant John Biddleston MDes BSc LCG By Phone:- +44 (0) 7879 498079 Email:- john@thebigconsultant.com "The little company with the BIG ideas" www.thebigconsultant.com

2 comments:

  1. A quick update! One of my clients has some knowledge of this already, and has written back:-

    Hi John,
    I have been to three meetings of the TSB recently, and yes it looks promising but will operate much the same as before with very similar people doing the same analysis and judgements as under Business link and the NWDA. That I think is the main issue what do the individual reveiwers think of ones proposal - if they like it fine if they don't your out. Their is no appeal and virtually no feed back. However they definitely want to back SME's so the opportunity is GOOD at this time.
    Regards, RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Permit me to introduce you to LE-MERIDIAN FUNDING SERVICES. We are directly into pure loan and project(s) financing in terms of investment. We provide financing solutions to private/companies seeking access to funds in the capital markets i.e. oil and gas, real estate, renewable energy, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, transportation, construction, hotels and etc. We can finance up to the amount of $900,000,000.000 (Nine Hundred Million Dollars) in any region of the world as long as our 1.9% ROI can be guaranteed on the projects.
    Le-Meridian Funding Service.
    (60 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London W1J 0BH, UK) Email Contact Info...lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com

    ReplyDelete